Top 4 Rockford Breweries to Visit on National Beer Day
National Beer Day is celebrated on April 7 each year to commemorate President Franklin D. Roosevelt signing the Cullen-Harrison act in 1933 and making the comment, "I think this would be a good time for a beer." If you care to celebrate the day with a frosty beverage or 2, here's the top 4 Stateline breweries to check out according to Yelp.
- Rockford Brewing Company - 200 Prairie St., Rockford
- Carlyle Brewing Company - 215 East State St., Rockford
- Granite City Food & Brewery - 7140 Harrison Ave., Rockford
- Pig Minds Brewing - 4080 Steele Dr., Machesney Park
Now, don't get me wrong, all of the above breweries are fabulous, but as a beer lover, I think Yelp users missed a few on the list:
- Oasis Micro Pub - 901 East State St., Rockford
- Olympic Tavern - 2327 North Main St.; Rockford
- Rural on Tap - 1710 Rural St., Rockford
What's your favorite beer stop in Rockford? Let's add to the list, so we can all celebrate National Beer Day in style!