Free Things to Do in Rockford This Weekend
It's summertime in the city, and there are always many great things going on to keep the family entertained, but let's face it, having fun for free is always best.
If your budget is tight, but you hate staying home, Rockford has plenty of free fun for you to check out. Between the Rockford City Market, our amazing parks, forest preserves and community events, there is no reason to be bored. Here's where you need to be this weekend in Rockford to have a ton of family fun:
- Music on the Mall - Friday, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Mary's Market Edgebrook on North Alpine.
- Kishwaukee River Paddlefest - Saturday 10 a.m. at Rockford Lithuanian Club Park at 6802 42nd St. Food, beer, entertainment, fun paddling on the river and info on local canoe and kayak clubs.
- Rock River Off-Season Robotics Competition - Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Rock Valley College's PE Center at 3301 N Mulford. Check out the work and creativity of some of the young engineering minds in Rockford.
- Concerts by the Creek - Saturday, 7 to 9 p.m. at Spring Creek United Church of Christ at 4500 Spring Creek Road.
- Countdown to Midnight Party - Saturday 8 p.m. at Barnes & Noble at the Cherryvale Mall. A countdown to the midnight release of "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child-Parts One and Two".
- Summerfest - Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. at St. Edward Catholic Church at 3004 11th St. Food, prizes, games and live music.