What You Need to Know About Garth Brooks’ Champaign Shows
If you've got tickets to see Garth Brooks at the U of I State Farm Center Center in Champaign this weekend, here's what you need to know to take some of the headache out of your concert experience.
I have been to two shows on Garth Brooks' World Tour, one in Chicago and the other in Milwaukee. Yes, there is a MASSIVE amount of people that attend these shows, so finding a way not to have to deal with crowds is pretty much impossible. I will say though, the crowds were managed pretty darn well at both shows considering the amount of people they are dealing with.
To make traffic flow as easy as possible at the State Farm Center in Champaign this weekend, there are specific instructions set for each of the 4 shows. For instance, some shows will feature an opening act, some will not. Arriving early for some shows is recommended, but for other show times you are encouraged NOT to arrive early. The State Farm Center recommends checking your email for your show's specific instructions, or you can get view them in the drop down menus here.
Some general rules for shows at the U of I State Farm Center include:
- Signs no larger than 24" by 36" will be permitted
- No commercial or flash photography will be allowed. Selfie sticks, iPads, tablets, interchangeable or zoom lenses are not permitted as well.
- Large bags are not allowed. All diaper bags, purses, or small bags will be searched upon entry.
- Will call windows will be open on show days from 8 a.m. until show time.
- Carpooling to the arena is HIGHLY encouraged.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed.
For more questions and information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope y'all have a great time with Garth! Please send us pics, as we are super jealous you will be there, and we will not.