Top 5 Places for Kids to Spend Winter Break in Rockford
For most local students, today is the official first day of winter break, and some parents are already pulling their hair out trying to think of ways to keep them entertained (and out of trouble) for the next two weeks. Since there's no snow, I think this list should help spark some ideas for you that don't involve being outdoors.
Rockfordbuzz.com recently posted this list of the top 5 places for kids to spend winter break in Rockford, and your kids are guaranteed to love them all!
5. Kids Spot - 9461 N 2nd Street in Roscoe - Great spot for kids ages 18 months to 18 years. Open gym spots available for reservation during winter break. Call 815-623-5437 for more info.
4. Discovery Center - 711 N Main Street- Kids will have a ton of fun playing while learning all kinds of cool stuff at the same time!
3. Riverview Ice House - 324 N Madison Street - Public skates available on Saturday nights, plus there's open hockey throughout the week.
2. GAR South Trampoline Park - By the Cherryvale Mall at 1949 S Bell School Road - Wall-to-wall trampolines, dodge ball courts and other fun activities where kids can work off some major energy!
1. Carlson Ice Arena/Sapora Playworld - Carlson has extended public skating hours during winter break, plus when kids get tired of skating they can run around in Sapora Playworld and have a blast.