Kick Your Grilled Cheese Up a Notch
Mmm. Grilled Cheese. It's the best comfort Food.
Now you can kick it up a notch with this tasty recipe!
I made this Simple Garlic Butter Mushroom & Provolone Melt yesterday. It is sooo good. You have to make this.
It may look difficult, but it really isn't. Plus you can impress everyone with your gourmet skills.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh baby bella mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 slices wheat bread
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove dirt. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic; saute until lightly browned. Turn the heat up to high, add the wine, and stir until the wine has cooked down and there is hardly any liquid left in the pan. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet to medium high heat. Spread the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over the exterior of the 4 slices of bread (melting it first helps it go farther). Place the bread on the griddle, buttered side down, and top with mushrooms and one slice of Provolone. Top with a second slice of bread, buttered side facing up. Grill until golden brown, flip, and repeat. The cheese should be melty and gooey and bread will be crispy on the outside.
I made a few alterations to the recipe due to not having parsley or baby bella mushrooms. I used regular white mushrooms and cilantro instead. It still was super tasty. I served it along side with some of my favorite Progesso Tomato Basil Soup. Can we say yummy! Oh Yeah!
Try it! I think you will be well pleased with this recipe! Whichever way you decide to make it.