11 Rockford Businesses That Need To Come Back
We asked you which Rockford area businesses you missed, and your response was awesome. See if your favorite place made the list.
1. Media Play - Remember the days of stopping by and grabbing games, videos, CDs, posters, and random pop culture stuff?
2. Fazoli's - Nobody could deny those bread sticks.
3. Gloria Jean's Coffees - This was the best part about walking past the food court at Cherry Vale Mall. Even non-coffee drinkers would agree.
4. Ryan's Steakhouse - You knew you were in for a full belly as soon as you saw that those red trays. They also had that edible ice. You know what we're talking about!
5. Tumbleweed - You'll have to drive to Indiana, Kentucky, or Ohio for those amazing margaritas.
6. Carlos O'Kelly's - No doubt, you had to try their American-Mexican food. That location is now occupied by Murphy's Pub.
7. Kryptonite - Always a good time! The great live music and always interesting patrons made for a great night in downtown Rockford, before it was cool.
8. Geri's Hamburgers - Other fast-food joints had nothing on Geri's. It started off in the 60's with little or no seating but super fast food. The last store, in Beloit, closed in 1999, and had plenty of seating.
9. Cheddars - The place to go for a giant cookie with ice cream on top. Sometimes that was all you needed. But, don't forget about those twice-baked potatoes.
10. LT's - Depending on who you ask, people most remember the wings, and the live all-ages rock concerts, and funny comedy nights. If you go waaaayyyyy back some will mention the dance floor in the basement.
11. North Town Cinema - Anyone up for a $1 movie? Those were the days. Remember the guy the collected the tickets? He always put a smile on your face.
Those weren't the only places missed in Rockford. Check out these honorable mentions.
Dog and Suds
On The Waterfront
Rockford Cubbies/Royals (Minor League Baseball)