Wrigley Field Looks Like A Wasteland
What has happened to the friendly confines? It looks like someone dropped a bomb.
The green grass is gone, or at least you cannot see it anymore. So what is going on?
Wrigley is getting its annual off-season renovations.
According to MLB.com, Wrigley Field is is undergoing what it is calling the 1060 project. The idea is to preserve Wrigley Field's beauty, charm and historic features, while at the same time updating the ballpark. Among the renovations:.
- Structural Improvements
- Continued Terrace Reserved Seating Replacement
- American Airlines 1914 Club (to be completed by Opening Day 2018)
- Maker's Mark Barrel Room (to be completed by Opening Day 2019)
- The W Club (to be completed by Opening Day 2019)
- Catalina Club (to be completed by Opening Day 2019)
- Enhancements to the Suite Level
- Expanded concessions
Fear not, Wrigley will be back, better than ever for opening day in Spring of 2018.