Weekend Roundup; Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
It will be a great weekend to get outdoors and enjoy this beautiful August weather in the Stateline!
Here's the top 10 fun things to add to your to-do list this weekend:
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3 to 8p.m. - On Water St. between State and Jefferson - Free - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Friday Night Flix - Friday, gates open at 7p.m., movie begins at 8:45p.m. - S Wyman St. in downtown Rockford - Free - Feature presentation: "Despicable Me 2"
- Ski Broncs Water Ski Team - Friday, 7p.m. - Shorewood Park in Loves Park - Free with donations accepted - skibroncs.com
- Boone County Fair - Friday through Sunday - Boone County Fairgrounds on IL Route 76 in Belvidere- Gate admission $6, tickets to see Easton Corbin on Saturday night are $15 for grandstand seating, $18 for track seats, and available at the grandstand box office - Complete lineup of events at boonecountyfair.com
- June's Got The Cash; A Broadway style Johnny Cash and June Carter tribute group - Friday, 7 to 9p.m. - Mount Morris Band Shell on Wesley Ave. in Mount Morris, IL - Free - mtmorrisil.net
- Shrek The Musical - Presented by Boys and Girls Club of Rockford, with all elements done by the kids - Friday and Saturday at 7p.m. - The Sullivan Theatre in the Nordlof Center at 118 N Main St. in Rockford - $10 - Call Kara Sotakoun at 815-519-4216 for tickets and more information.
- Angel: A Musical - Friday, 8p.m. and 2 and 8p.m. on Saturday - Starlight Theatre at Rock Valley College on N Mulford - Friday's performance is a benefit for Barbara Olson Center of Hope - $30 for adults, $25 for students and seniors - rockvalleycollege.edu
- Bowl for Veterans - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - At local participating bowling fun centers - 99 cent bowling, shoes, hot dogs, Pepsi and Miller High Lifes - 100% of proceeds go to the vets - bowlforveterans.org
- Pancakes with Pilots - Sunday, 7 to 11:30a.m.- Poplar Grove Airport on IL Route 76 in Poplar Grove - Breakfast includes pancakes, waffles, eggs, sausage, coffee, milk, and juice - $7 adults, $4 kids - Proceeds benefit the educational, youth, and community programs of the the Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 1414
- The Grove grand opening - Sunday, 9a.m. to Noon - Severson Dells Nature Center at 8786 Montague Rd. in Winnebago - Outdoor area for kids made out of fallen logs, tree stumps, and vertical logs. Nature music and art areas available - Free - For more info call 815-335-2915
Do you have an event coming up you would like everyone to know about it? Submit it here.
Have a great weekend!