Weekend Roundup; Things To Do This Weekend in the Stateline
With snow not expected until late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, your family has plenty of time to get out and have some fun this weekend!
Here's some local happenings you may want to check out:
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar and Grill - Friday, 9p.m. - On Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - No cover charge - Featuring music from the Stateline Country Band - Hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - More info at 2ndcousinsbar.com.
- 13th Annual Civil War Symposium - Saturday, 10a.m. to 2:30p.m. - Midway Village Museum at 6799 Guilford Road in Rockford - Series of Civil War lectures and a luncheon - $30 per person , $20 for members, $17 for students which includes your lunch - Only limited spots still available - Call 815-397-9112 ext. 103 to make a reservation. More info at midwayvillage.com.
- Lights & Tights Dance Marathon - Saturday, 6 to 10:30p.m. - Riverview Museum Park, Kresege Hall - Presented by the Rockford Dance Company with a theme of "USO Swing Style" - More info and tickets at rockforddancecompany.com
- Rockford Icehogs vs. Utica Comets - Saturday, 7p.m. - BMO Harris Bank Center in downtown Rockford - Pink in the Rink night presented by Swedish American Hospital - First 2,500 fans get a set of pink foam LED glow sticks - Tickets and more info available at icehogs.com
- Honoring Chuck Jefferson - Sunday, 2 to 5p.m. - Ethnic Heritage Museum at 1129 S Main St. in Rockford - In celebration of Black History Month, a exhibit honoring Chuck Jefferson,opens with a special program beginning at 3p.m. - More info at ethnicheritagemuseum.org.