Weekend Roundup; Things to do This Weekend in the Stateline
The weather is going to be gorgeous this weekend, so in between working outdoors, watching the Kentucky Derby, the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, and the Geico 500 at Talladega on Sunday, make some room to check out these fun events in the Stateline!
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar and Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - on Riverside across from Village Green - Featuring Rollin Whiskey and hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - No cover charge, great food and drink specials - 2ndcousinsbar.com
- Anderson Japanese Gardens Season Opening - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - 318 Spring Creek Road in Rockford - Featuring performances by the Okinawa Music and Dance Club, children's activities, and guided tours of the Guest House - $8 for adults, $7 for seniors, $6 for children (kids 5 and under are free) - andersongardens.org
- "In My Shoes" Exhibit at Riverfront Museum Park - 10a.m. to 5:30p.m. Saturday and Sunday through May 10 - 711 N Main St. in Rockford - Featuring shoes created by teens in treatment at Rosecrance Griffin Williamson Adolescent Treatment Center to show their views of the pressures of daily life - Free admission - rosecrance.org
- Opening Day of Laurent House Public Tours - Saturday, tours at 11 a.m., Noon, 1, 2, and 3 p.m. - Meet at Midway Village Museum at 6799 Guilford Road in Rockford - Tour the only home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright that is handicap accessible and considered one of Wright's 35 most important works - $15 for adults, $5 for students - laurenthouse.com
- Totally Retro Prom - Saturday, 7:30 p.m. to Midnight - Flodin Boys & Girls Club at 988 S Lyford Road - Rad music, dancing, food, beverages and more - Funds raised help scholarships opportunities and to buy supplies for after-school programs - $40 per person the night of the event - More info at 815-332-4988.