Weekend Roundup; Things To Do This Weekend in the Stateline
Forget the cold, and get the family out for some fun this weekend. You deserve it!
Staying home hiding from the cold temperatures is boring, but these weekend events are not:
- Professional Championship Bullriders - Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. - BMO Harris Bank Center at 300 Elm St. in Rockford - Featuring post- rodeo concerts from Josh Thompson on Friday and Jerrod Niemann on Saturday; concert is included with your rodeo ticket - Tickets range from $10-$55 plus fees - Get tickets and info at thebmoharrisbankcenter.com or 815-968-5222.
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousin's Bar and Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. with the Rollin Whiskey band - On Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - No cover - Appearances from PCB cowboys after the rodeo; chance to win rodeo tickets for Saturday night - More info at 2ndcousinsbar.com.
- Rockford's 35th Annual Home Show - Friday, 3 to 8 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Indoor Sports Center at 8800 E Riverside Blvd - Admission is $6, Kids 12 and under are free - $1 off discount coupons available at area McDonald's - More information at showtimeproduction.net.
- Kidabaloo - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Hononegah High School dome at 307 Salem St. in Rockton - Action packed jamboree for kids - $5 admission, kids 3 and under are free - Tickets and more info available here.
- 2015 Lincoln Ball - Saturday, 7 to 10 p.m., doors open at 6:30 p.m. - Veterans Memorial Hall at 211 N Main St. in Rockford - Take in the dress and decor of 1865; learn period dances; mid-19th century clothing encouraged, but not required - $10 admission - Get more information at 815-980-4724 or batteryg.org.
- 74th Young Artist Show; High School Division - Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., show continues through April 4 - Rockford Art Museum at 711 N Main St. in Rockford - $7 for adults, $3 for students and seniors, kids 12 and under are free - See art pieces from 130 students from 19 area schools - More info at rockfordartmuseum.org or 815-968-2787.