Strawberry Upside Down Cake is a Summer Dessert You Can Enjoy Any Time
Although summer is almost over you can enjoy a piece of it anytime with this awesome dessert.
Strawberry Upside Down Cake.
I made this super easy, yet super yummy cake for our family get together on Labor Day.
It was a hit because all I had left were three small pieces that I left with my parents to enjoy as leftovers.
- 2 cups crushed fresh strawberries
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O(R) mix
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared as directed on package
- Cool Whip for topping
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread crushed strawberries on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Evenly sprinkle strawberries with the dry gelatin powder, and top with mini marshmallows.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package, and pour on top of the marshmallows. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the pan to loosen the sides, and turn the cake out onto a serving tray. Store cake in the refrigerator.
- Top each piece with a dollop of Cool Whip.