Rockford’s Top 10 Highest Paid City Employees for 2017
If you land a job with the city of Rockford, there's a good chance you could pull down six figures. Who says public service doesn't pay? The 2017 salary report is out and we have the numbers. Guess what? The Mayor does not make the most money. We now know who does.
The law requires that information related to salaries and benefits paid to government workers be made public.
The recently released 2017 salary and wage report has the final numbers of for calendar year 2017. It is absolutely amazing to see how many employees, whose salaries are paid by taxpayer dollars, made over $100,000.00 a year.
The highest paid employee is Rockford City Administrator James Ryan earned a whopping $214,581.92 in salary and benefits.
Here are Rockford's Top 10 paid employees for 2017 (Wages and benefits) :
1. RYAN, JAMES - CITY ADMINISTRATOR $214,581.92
2. BERGSTEN, DEREK - FIRE CHIEF $214,270.73
3. O'SHEA, DANIEL - POLICE CHIEF $205,326.71
4. CORL, JOSEPH - DIV CHIEF EMERGENCY OPPS $189,311.42
5. DUNN, MICHAEL - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF RMAP $185,860.52
6. DRERUP, BRIAN - DIV CHIEF FIRE TRAINING $184,060.77
7. VITNER, MATTHEW - PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR $182,645.50
8. KNOTT, MATTHEW - DIV CHIEF FIRE TRAINING $182,193.92
9. ZACCARD, DANIEL - FIRE DISTRICT CHIEF $180,491.42
10. HOPKINS,DAVID - DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF $178,753.42
Former Rockford Mayor Larry Morrissey ranks at #13 made $176,489 in wages and benefits in 2017 according to the report. Current Mayor Tom McNamara , according to the report made $35,919 in 2017. However, that amount reflects his salary as alderman. His salary will jump into the six figure range when the 2018 report comes out next year.
You can view the amount EVERY Rockford city employee makes by clicking HERE.