If you've got a problem with wild critters at your house, and I'm not talking about your kids, you can no longer call Winnebago County Animal Services to come deal with them.

According to a press release sent out yesterday by Winnebago County Animal Services:

Winnebago County Animal Services can no longer accept wildlife trapped by private citizens. If you are having trouble with nuisance wildlife, for example raccoons, opssums, or groundhogs, please contact a private trapper who is licensed with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.

The press release also says that Animal Services Officers are still able to respond to calls for sick or injured wildlife, or wildlife in living areas of your home.

If you need to contact someone to help deal with a trapped animal, Winnebago County Animal Services suggests checking out the University of Illinois Extension website here for more information on dealing with wildlife.



More From Rockford's New Country Q98.5