11 Towns in Illinois You Need to Visit This Christmas
Love soaking up every single minute of the beauty of Christmas? Plan a holiday road trip now to check out all of the holiday magic right here in Illinois.
One holiday tradition I always look forward to is grabbing a hot mug of cocoa, loading the family into our van, and taking a drive through several Stateline neighborhoods admiring all the Christmas lights. Looks like we'll have to extend the road trip this year to check out all of these magical Christmas town and cities in Illinois that made onlyinyourstate.com's top 11 list.
- Tuscola - Illinois' very own Christmastown.
- Chicago - Tons of Christmas shows and fun to take part in, plus all the beautiful decorations and AMAZING shopping.
- Galena - Enjoy an old fashioned Christmas with beautiful, stately homes and shops decorated to their finest.
- Naperville - Can't stand the huge shopping crowds in Chicago? Check out Naperville's Christkindlmarket on December 2nd.
- Rockford - Not only is our city beautiful at Christmas, but there is SO MUCH holiday fun to be had here. (Don't forget about Night At The North Pole on December 3 and the 12 Bars of Christmas Pub Crawl on December 17!)
- Galva - Tons of Christmas festivities, plus they have a chocolate fair and candy cane hunt!
- Cambridge - Beautiful sights, a festival of trees, and their holiday crafting fair is a great place to find unique gifts.
- Bishop Hill - They host an authentic Scandinavian Christmas market, Julmarknad, the first weekend of December which features specialty foods for the holiday, antiques, handmade chocolates and much more!
- Moline - Fabulously decorated mansions, living history events, and many Christmas activities for the entire family.
- Woodstock - Enjoy Woodstock's Christmas parade, tree walk, carriage rides and much more festive fun.
- Carlinville - They host their Christmas Market this first weekend of December which is typically attended by over 10,000 people each year!