10 Favorite Foods in Illinois
Hey Illinoisans, what's your favorite food?
Now take a look and see if it isn't one of these 10 foods that are favorites here in our home state.
Only On your state complied a list and found that these 10 foods just happen to be the most favored foods in the Land of Lincoln.
Take a look and see if you don't agree.
- Italian Beef Sandwiches. I like Italian Beef, I don't care for the sweet peppers on mine though.
- Ranch Dressing. I like ranch. My favorite is the homemade buttermilk ranch dressing.
- Horseshoes. Not an actual horseshoe but it's pile of fries smothered in gravy atop a burger on a piece of thick bread. Hmm, I've never had it but I'd try it.
- Corn. Yep, of course corn on the cob is a main staple from the land of of corn. Ha!
- Deep Dish Pizza. Oh yum. My utmost favorite kind of pizza. The best is Lou Malnatti's from Chicago, but in Rockford, Giordano's is the next best.
- Gyros. Oh yeah... My first thought. Uncle Nick's.
- Popcorn. Makes since since we grow a lot of corn. I mean it is our official state snack afterall. The best is Garrett's Chicago Blend. Yummy!
- Hotdogs. Chicago Style are the best. Portillo's anyone?
- Burgers. Yep those big fat juicy bar burgers are the best ever, right?!
- Pierogis. Hmmm I've yet to have any, but sound awesome. Dumplings filled with cheese or meat. Mmmm. My Brother-in-Law raves about the ones he gets at the Lithuania Club.
Well you know I pretty much agree with all of those foods. How about you?
Do you see anything that missing? What else is good here in Illinois?