Weekend Roundup; Things To Do This Weekend in the Stateline
We won't have temps below zero this weekend, I say that is just cause to get out and celebrate!
Here's some cool things to check out this weekend in the Stateline:
- Live Country Music at Second Cousins - Friday, 9p.m. - Featuring "Mason Rivers," and hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - Second Cousins located on Riverside across from Village Green - No cover charge.
- Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition - Friday and Saturday - Sinnissippi Park at 1401 N Second St. in Rockford - Check out massive works of art from teams around the country competing for the right to represent Illinois in the 2016 U.S. National Snow Sculpting Competition - Cast your vote for the "People's Choice Award" between at 8:30 and 11a.m. on Saturday - Free admission.
- Savage Ancient Seas Exhibit - Friday through Sunday starting at 10a.m. - Burpee Museum of Natural History at 737 N Main St. in Rockford - Explore the creatures and the seas from more than 70 million years ago - Admission is $8 for adults, $7 for children ages 3 to 12, 3 and under are free - Call 815-965-3433 or visit burpee.org for more information.
- A Celebration of Ancient Traditions - Saturday, 11a.m. to 4p.m. - Midway Village Museum at 6799 Guilford Road in Rockford - Hands-on family workshop geared towards children ages 5-12 - Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for ages 3-17, and free for museum members - Learn more at midwayvillage.com
- Celebration of the Life and Work Of Dr. Martin Luther King - Saturday, 7p.m. - Spring Creek Church of Christ at 4500 Spring Creek Road in Rockford - Gospel jazz concert by Harlan Jefferson.
- Winter Bash Skate and Play - Sunday, 1 to 3p.m. - Carlson Ice Arena and Sapora Playworld at 4150 N Perryville Road in Loves Park - Kids enjoy open skate session with games and prizes, face-painting, balloon art, and much more - Open skate admission including skate rental is $5, children 2 and younger are free; Sapora Playworld admission is $5 for ages 3-12, kids aged 1-2 are $2, under 1 year are free - For more information call 815-969-4069 or visit rockfordparkdistrict.org/iceskate.
- Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen at The Music Academy - Sunday, 3p.m. - Auditorium at The Music Academy at 226 S Second St. in Rockford - Rick Nielsen performs and shares "tricks" of the music business, also includes a performance from his son, Miles Nielsen.