Weekend Roundup; Things to do This Weekend in the Stateline
There may be a lot of rain in the forecast for this weekend, but that doesn't mean you have to take a nap all day! There's plenty of fun things going on this weekend that you need to check out with the family!
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar and Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - On Riverside across from Village Green - Featuring music from Chasin' Mason and hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - No cover charge; great food and drink specials.
- Edgebrook Music on the Mall - Friday, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Edgebrook Shops outside of Mary's Market at 1639 N Alpine Road in Rockford - Featuring music from Eddie B Jazz with Tony Vecchio - Free admission - Grab a bite to eat, do some shopping and enjoy great music - edgebrookshops.com
- Jerry Seinfeld - Friday, 7 p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main St. in Rockford - Limited tickets still available - coronadopac.org
- Pec Thing Antique and Flea Market - Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Winnebago County Fairgrounds at 500 W First St. in Pecatonica - $4 admission, free for 12 and younger - Antiques, collectibles, crafts, and decor from more than 500 vendors - winnebagocountyfair.com
- Animal Mania - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Lockwood Park at 5201 Safford Rd. in Rockford - Free admission with some paid activities - Wagon and pony rides, live animal demonstrations, games, crafts and more - Event is weather permitting; stay up to date at rockfordparkdistrict.org
- Forest City Comic Convention - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. - Clock Tower Resort at 7801 E State St. in Rockford - $5 admission with a bag or box of cereal to donate - Featuring special guests, games, contests and a live auction - fc3con.com
- Wings, Wheels and Wine - Saturday, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Poplar Grove Vintage Wings & Wheels Museum at 5151 Orth Road in Poplar Grove - Music, hors d'oeuvres and tastings of more than 40 wines and olive oils - $25 at the event - poplargrovewingsandwheels.com
- Bluegrass Concert with Truman's Ridge - Saturday, 7 p.m. - Spring Creek United Church of Christ at 4500 Spring Creek Road - Performances of covers and original music - Doors open at 6 p.m; refreshments will be available - Free admission, but freewill donations are appreciated - springcreekucc.org