Weekend Roundup; Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
With fabulous weather expected for the first part of the weekend, there's no doubt that firing up the grill or bonfire is on most people's to-do list over the next couple days, but here's some more cool things to check out with the family this weekend.
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - Featuring music from Zac Matthews - No cover charge, food and drink specials - Hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - 2ndcousinsbar.com
- Rockford's Second Annual Single and Mingle Party - Friday, 7 p.m. - Cliffbreakers Riverside Resort at 700 W Riverside Blvd in Rockford - Featuring 3 rooms of entertainment including a country music room , speed-dating, and general mingling - $15 at the door - Must be 21 or over to attend - More info available here.
- Future Nurses Academy - Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Discovery Center Museum at 711 N Main St. in Rockford - Children get to experience what it's like to be a nurse with several different fun and educational activities - $8 admission; free for museum members - discoverycentermuseum.org or 815-963-6769.
- "Guns & Hoses" Charity Hockey Game - Saturday, 2 p.m. - BMO Harris Bank Center at 300 Elm St. in Rockford - Rockford Police and the Rockford Fire Department face off to benefit the Heartland Hospice Memorial Fund - Tickets are $15, and $5 of every ticket sold goes to the charity - More info and tickets available at thebmoharrisbankcenter.com or 815-968-5222.
- Pianist Emanuel Ax Performs Chopin - Saturday, 7:30 p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main St. in Rockford - Emanuel Ax is a Juiliard- trained pianist and award winner - Tickets range from $8-$35 - rccaconcerts.org or 815-847-6314.
- Indoor Market - Sunday, Noon to 4 p.m. - Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center's Emerson House at 420 N Main St. in Rockford - Shop local vendors, enjoy live entertainment and works by poet and author Ruth Schampier - Free admission - Call 815-394-2588 for more information.