Weekend Roundup; Things to do This Weekend in the Stateline
The weather this weekend should be great for storm cleanup and helping local tornado victims, but if you are looking for a way to brighten your spirits this weekend, check out these fun events.
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousin's Bar & Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. -Live music from the Cal State Band - Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - No cover charge - Hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - Prize giveaways and great food and drink specials - 2ndcousinsbar.com
- Monster Jam - Friday, 7:30 p.m., Saturday, 2 and 7:30 p.m. - BMO Harris Bank Center at 300 Elm St. in downtown Rockford - Live monster truck action - Tickets range from $20-$30 plus fees for adults; Kids ages 2-12 are $10 plus fees - Tickets available at thebmoharrisbankcenter.com or 815-968-5222.
- 13th Annual Spring ArtScene - Friday, 5 to 9 p.m., Saturday, 3 to 9 p.m. - Original works of art and exhibits by local artists available for purchase and displayed at 30 different Rockford locations - Get more info and a list of participating locations at springartscene.com or at 815-963-6765.
- Rockford Speedway's 38th Annual Spring Classic - Sunday, at 1 p.m. - 9572 Forest Hills Road in Loves Park - Late model drivers from across the Midwest compete in an 88-lap race - Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for ages 12-17, $5 ages 6-11, kids 5 and under are free - rockfordspeedway.tix.com.
- World War I Days - Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Midway Village Museum at 6799 Guilford Road in Rockford - Military history showcase of the Great War with battle re-enactments, educational displays and more - $10 for adults, $5 for children - midwayvillage.com