When is the Best Time to Buy a Car
Ugh! Car shopping, it's not my favorite thing to do. Unfortunately, Friday night, my car broke down again, and I find it's that time again.
But when is the best time to buy a car?
According to Investor Place, their are five best times to buy a car.
- End of the Year — The holidays often bring sales.
- End of the Model Year — Beginning in the spring and extending into fall, depending on the model.
- End of the Quarter/Month — Dealers have periodic sales goals to meet.
- End of the Day — People become more flexible when they want to go home.
- Rainy/Snowy Days — Bad weather usually means low customer traffic.
Well reading over that list it looks like for me the best times to find a new ride will be at the end of the day or a rainy day. My Jetta might make it into June at the end of the quarter, but I'm not sure I want to risk it. I might find an end of model year deal, but I think that'll depend on what I'm looking at getting.
For now I'm writing up a list of what I want in my next vehicle and I'll keep that checklist handy as I'm searching for something newer and more reliable. I love my car. I love all the amenities it has but I just can't risk anymore mysterious breakdowns. This is break down number three with the last five and half months.
Yep, I don't think I need any more signs that it's time, do you?