Weekend Roundup; Things to do This Weekend in the Stateline
Break out the sunscreen and party pants and get ready to enjoy another fun summer weekend in the Stateline. Here's some events you will want to check out with the entire family this weekend.
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Intersection of Water and Market Streets in downtown Rockford - Free admission - Buy goods, foods and beverages from local vendors - rockfordcitymarket.com.
- Friday Night Flix - Friday, gates open at 7 p.m., movie begins at dusk - Davis Park in downtown Rockford - Feature presentation: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Free admission - First 1,000 people get a certificate for free popcorn - Check out the Friday Night Flix facebook page for more information.
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday, starting at 9 p.m. - On Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - Featuring live music from Smokin' Gunz - No cover charge - Prizes, food and drink specials.
- Country Thunder Music Festival - Now through Sunday - Twin Lakes, Wisconsin - Featuring Maddie & Tae, Dierks Bentley, The Swon Brothers, Phil Vassar, Tyler Farr, Blake Shelton, Dustin Lynch, Luke Bryan and more - Limited tickets still available at the gate - Get more information at countrythunder.com.
- "Shrek the Musical" - Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. - Byron Civic Theatre at 850 N. Colfax - $12 for adults, $10 for senior citizens, $6 for students - More info at bctmagic.com or 815-312-3000.
- 11th Annual Cars on Main - Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Main Street in downtown Pecatonica - Classic car show, food, shopping, music, cash giveaways and a 50/50 raffle - Free to attend, $15 to enter a car - Call 815-239-1853 for more information.
- Christmas in July - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Magic Waters Waterpark at 7820 Cherry Vale North Blvd - At 10 a.m. sign up to win over $10,000 worth of prizes and have plenty of holiday fun - Waterpark admission is $20 for residents ($26 for non-residents), entrance after 3 p.m. is $12 - magicwaterswaterpark.com.
- CommUNITY Picnic - Sunday, Noon to 5 p.m. - Midway Village Museum at 6799 Guilford Road in Rockford - Explore the museum grounds, enjoy live music, dancing and games - Food available for purchase, but participants can bring their own picnics - Free to attend - midwayvillage.com.