WARNING: New Peanut Butter Ingredient Could Kill Your Dog
Most pet owners view their animal as a true member of the family, and most people would do anything to keep their loved ones safe. It is very important that you read the information below and share it with any friends that also have dogs.
You need to check the label on your peanut butter for an ingredient called Xylitol which is very dangerous for dogs to consume. It is being used by food companies to make their product taste sweet without adding any extra calories. Xylitol is being used in some low-calorie peanut butters.
Ahna Brutlag, an Associate Director of Veterinary Services, says: "Xylitol is safe for people but EXTREMELY TOXIC to dogs. Even small amounts of xylitol can cause hypoglycemia, seizures, liver failure or even death in dogs." Learn more about Xylitol here.
Please take the time to read product labels to keep your dog safe.