Rockford Park District is Hiring Part-Time Police Officers
The weather is getting warmer, and that means more people will be out enjoying all of the wonderful parks and outdoor facilities the Rockford area has to offer. This is why the Rockford Park District currently has multiple openings for certified part-time police officers to help deter crime and keep our parks safe.
Interested candidates must be at least 21 years old, hold a current Law Enforcement Certification from the State of Illinois, live within a 50 mile radius of Rockford, and complete an online application by 5 p.m. on May 2, 2016.
Here's a few additional job qualifications for part-time police officer positions according to the Rockford Park District's website:
- Days and hours may vary, but applicants must be available on nights and weekends.
- Professional knowledge of state, federal, and ordinance laws, computers and in-car computers.
- Professional knowledge from Police Training Institute and of defensive tactics and firearms.
- Routine knowledge of park district policies
- Know how to use computers, mobile data computers (in-car computers), Police Radio, Emergency Lights, Sirens, Squad Car, Firearms, Handcuffs, Pepper Spray, Mobile Radio, Digital Camera, Cell Phone, CRIMESTAR, Word, Alerts, Internet, Laptop, Drug Testing Equipment, Copier, Police Baton, PBT’s, Tazers, ATV’s, Bicycles, Motorcycles, and Golf Carts.
To read more about the training needed, job duties and requirements, and to apply online go here.