The Silver Lining to Illinois’ Upcoming Blizzard? More Winter Fun Will Be Opening Soon!
Now that winter is finally here and the temperatures will soon be plummeting in the Rockford area, Snow Park at Alpine Hills is ready to officially kick off its 2022/2023 season!
The Best Place for Snow Tubing in Rockford, Illinois
I'm pretty sure it's an unwritten rule that if you're a kid and you live in the Midwest, you must love going snow tubing in the winter. Heck, let's go even further and say that if you are a human living in the Midwest, you must love going snow tubing in the winter.
While I may not be an adventurous kid anymore, I do still enjoy taking my kids tubing after it snows. We love flying down the hills and drinking hot chocolate after we get cold and tired, but the one thing I do NOT enjoy is lugging my old bones and tube back up the massive hills to just go flying down it again.
That is exactly why I LOVE taking my kids on a tubing adventure at Snow Park at Alpine Hills in Rockford. It has really big hills that go really fast, AND a pulley system to give you a ride back up the hill!
Snow Park at Alpine Hills Announces 2022/2023 Season Opening Date
I know for a fact that Rockford Park District Staff have been hard at work for weeks now preparing the snow park to open, but they have to wait until weather conditions are just right before they can officially let tubers on the hill. Well, thanks to Mother Nature's upcoming blizzard, that day is almost here...
For those that don't know, Snow Park at Alpine Hills is divided into separate sections for tubers and snowboarders of all levels, but the snowboarding portion of the park is not yet ready to officially open on December 28th.
If you want to take your family tubing at Snow Park as Alpine Hills this winter, here are a few important things you need to know before you go...
- The cost is $10 per person
- It is recommended that you reserve a 90-minute tubing session in advance so you are guaranteed a spot, and they fill up FAST! (click here to make reservations).
- The snow park will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. December 28, 2022, through January 1, 2023.
- Regular hours will begin on January 4, 2023: Thursdays and Fridays from 4 to 8 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The snow park will only be open weather permitting, and you can check the status anytime on the Rockford Park District's Rainout line.
FYI, if you're looking for a cool last-minute Christmas gift idea, season passes for Snow Park at Alpine Hills are available here.