One Of America’s ‘Most Haunted Hotels’ Is An Hour From Rockford
October is the perfect month for frights and luxurious hotel stays?
Well, Halloween is at the end of the month but what if you wanted a posh hotel stay to go along with the big day?
You're in luck because one of the "20 Most Haunted Hotels in America" is right down the road from Rockford.
I had no idea this was a thing but the Congress Plaza Hotel in Chicago was named one of the "most haunted" by MSN.
The Congress is a legendary Chicago hotel, but what's this about ghosts? What can you expect (or hope) to witness while you're there? MSN says you might see:
- Al Capone's ghost roaming north tower hallways.
- If you stay in Room 441, reports say guests have been woken up by an evil spirit kicking them in the middle of the night.
- A young boy's ghost playing tricks on guests staying on the 6th floor.
- A spirit named Peg Leg Johnny, a murdered homeless man wanders the halls and turns appliances on and off.
- Unexplained whispers while in the Florentine Room.
- A ghost hand reaching out of the Gold Room's coat closet wall.
All of the possible experiences at the Congress Plaza Hotel sound incredibly creepy and kind of awesome.
I kind of want to stay the night in Room 441.
Sweet Lenny is the brand manager of 97ZOK and Operations Manager for Townsquare Media Rockford. Catch him afternoons 3 to 7 on 97ZOK. Follow him on Twitter, Instagram and like his page on Facebook.