New Modifications To Stroll On State Announced
Like most things this year, Stroll On State will look a little different.
The RACVB announced their modified Stroll on State plans today. You can find all the details on their website here.
Here are some of the bullet points:
- The Stroll On State experience will begin November 28 with a televised tree lighting on 13 WREX from 6-7PM.
- Fireworks from 5 different locations will be set off during the tree lighting, allowing people from all over the city to enjoy a close-up show.
- The Dasher Dash 5K will go virtual with participants able to complete the race on their own anytime between November 28 and December 24. Runners can use the RACE JOY app for free to make things more festive.
- SantaLand will be located at City Hall and be open each Saturday between November 28 and December 19 from 12-4 PM. Kids can drop off their wish list and get a picture with Santa. Be sure to wear your mask and social distance.
- Wish List mailboxes will be available for kids that can't see Santa in person.
- New tree location. The tree will be moved to the north end of Davis Park right by the new ROCKFORD letters art instillation.
- Many more social media activities that you can check out by following the Stroll on State on Facebook.
The RACVB needs volunteers to help set this all up. Santa's Workshop times will be every Tuesday night from 6-9 and Saturday morning from 8-12 through November 17. No registration is needed. Volunteers will have to wear masks and take a temperature check before helping out.
This is a true community effort and one that always pays off. Can't wait to see what it looks like this year.