It’s Easy To Avoid Breaking The Garage Sale Sign Laws In Rockford
Breaking the garage sale sign regulations in Rockford is easy to avoid.
When Hosting A Garage Sale At A Rockford Residence, Here Are The Rules For Signs To Advertise
When holding garage sales, it is not a free-for-all in the city of Rockford. Do not worry, the regulations are not too difficult to follow.
I think the most important one to look at first is any laws about garage sale signs. Residents in my neighborhood host garage sales all the time throughout the summer.
I am always seeing signs hanging up all around my subdivision. That got me thinking if there was any way the city polices these advertisements. Well, the answer is yes.
According to rockfordil.gov,
- No permit is needed for garage sale signs.
- The size limit is two feet by two feet or four square feet total.
- On private residential property only.
- Four consecutive day limit within six months.
- Must be taken down the day after the sale.
- One sign limit per zoning lot in residential districts.
- Signs prohibited on public property or property not used for residential purposes.
Other General Rules About Garage Sales In Rockford
- No permit is needed to have a garage sale.
- Max of two garage sales per year.
- One garage sale has three consecutive days in a row limit.
- For more info, HERE.
- For any questions, call Neighborhood Standard at 779-348-7160.
Now You Know The Rules
Pretty much all of those regulations get broken all the time in my neighborhood. I am not too worried about it because they are not bothering anybody.