Five More Rockford Streets To Be Repaved This Summer
Illinois has three seasons Winter, Summer and Construction.
Start planning out your drive time now as there will be five more Rockford streets that will be repaved this summer and naturally will cause a bit of a headache getting around the town.
The RRSTAR shares that "city administrators told aldermen on [last night] which five streets will be repaved this summer as part of a plan to direct more of Rockford’s $30 million capital improvement program to residential roads than in previous years."
The roads to be repaved are the following:
- Fifth Avenue from 12th Street to 14th Street
- Mulberry Street from Irving Avenue to Hinkley Avenue
- Prospect Street from Rural Street to Arlington Avenue
- Trainer Road from Creekwood Circle to Sandalwood Close
- Montague Street from West Street to Main Street
At this time there was no mention of dates to when the road work will begin.
Just be aware that you will need to do some maneuvering around those roads once it starts.