Extreme Chocolate Brownies
If you love chocolate then this easy dessert is right up your alley.
They certainly are up mine and, as you can see, Shannon Zimmerman agrees too!
Make these Extreme Chocolate Brownies.These made from scratch brownies are way better than the box mixes. Get this. It uses 2 bags of chocolate chips. Now you can see why they are so extreme.
If you're in charge of bringing a dessert for the holiday meal or those upcoming parties, I highly recommend you make these tasty treats. They will be a big hit for anyone who loves chocolate. Mmm, Mmm good stuff!
- 2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar ( reduce to 1-1/4 cups for a less sweeter taste)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided ( 24 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring butter, sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat, with a wooden spoon, stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted; cool slightly, beat in vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl,whisk eggs, gradually add in the chocolate mixture, beating with a wooden spoon until completely mixed.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt; add to the egg/chocolate mixture; mix well to combine.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Don't over bake.