Enjoy this Slow Cooker Taco Soup
There's nothing better than walking into your house on a crisp fall day being greeted with the delicious smells coming from your crock pot.
Including this tasty slow cooker Taco Soup.
If you enjoy tacos and are looking for something different and a twist on the traditional recipe then this is one to try.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
- Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours (or on High for 4 hours).
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips or strips.
** You may want to add a few more spices to recipe. I added 1 tsp of minced garlic and sprinkled in salt and cumin to my liking for and added boost of flavor.