If You Act It You will Be It
The 3rd week of March is set aside for us to Act Happy. Therefore if you act it, you will be it.
Here are a few tips to help you get started on your journey to being Happy.
1. Do what is important to you. What do you love? What are you passionate about? What motivates and inspires you? You’ll have more happiness in your life when you fill it with the things that are significant to you. So, make sure you take time for the things you value most, whether it’s your spirituality, the work you do or relationships. Then you can fill in the rest of your life with things that are less important but matter to you, too.
2. Do random acts of kindness. Being of service to others, whether the act is large or small, has many benefits to happiness:
- It just feels good to do good.
- Serving others gives a sense of meaning and significance to life. Not only do you feel like you matter, you also leave a part of the world better because you lived there.
- It gets you out of yourself and changes your focus from “me” to “you,” and by lifting others up, you lift yourself up as well.
3. Do what matters to you. Having a life of meaning and purpose makes a happier life, whether that means doing philanthropic work, creating a business or raising loving and responsible children. Whatever that thing is, begin it now! To grow your happiness, you must do the things that matter most to you.
4. Act decisively. The more you procrastinate on change that’s needed, the more you compromise your happiness.
5. Do what’s right. Integrity to high values and the development this integrity requires of us makes us feel better about the people we are and who we are becoming. It’s hard to be very happy if you can’t look yourself in the eye in the mirror and like who’s staring back at you.
So what makes you happy?What do you do to be happy or create happiness?
For me I love doing nice things for other people. Leaving little gifts for no reason at all. I love the sound of flip-flops and kids laughing to make me smile. I enjoy and ice cold McDonald's Coke and feel good.