Top 10 Illinois Colleges With the Highest ACT Scores [List]
I thought that by 2015 these standardized tests will be a thing of the past. No such luck! When you apply for college, these standardized tests are still part of the process. The dreaded ACT test.
Admission staff at most colleges and universities remind high school students that they also look at students’ grades, extra-curricular activities and admissions essays in addition to the SAT and ACT test scores when determining entry. But these scores, til this day, still play a large role.
The American College Test (ACT) scores you receive help schools to determine what kind of student you will be and if you will be admitted to those schools.
The ACT test is designed to measure students’ aptitudes in the academic areas of reading, English, math, science and writing.
The highest score you can receive is a composite score is 36.
Smartclass.com researched the numbers and came up with the 10 colleges in Illinois whose students scored the highest on the ACT test
- 1. University of Chicago: Average ACT: 33
- 2. Northwestern University: Average ACT: 32
- 3. Wheaton College: Average ACT: 29
- 4. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: Average ACT: 28
- 5. Illinois Wesleyan University: Average ACT: 27
- 6. Illinois Institute of Technology: Average ACT: 27
- 7. VanderCook College of Music: Average ACT: 26
- 8. Loyola University Chicago: Average ACT: 26
- 9. Bradley University: Average ACT: 25
- 10. DePaul University: Average ACT: 25
Rockford University: Average ACT 22
Northern Illinois University: Average ACT 21