Ways To Get Into Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium for Next to Nothing
Everybody and their brother is sharing info about the free museum days that are happening in Chicago over the next few weeks on social media.
Sure, getting into the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, or the Field Museum for free is awesome, but let's be honest...very few people have the patience to deal with those kinds of crowds.
I know I don't, therefore I went on a hunt to find ways to save money on admission prices for my family, particularly at the Shedd Aquarium. Here's what I found:
- Shedd Aquarium participates in the Museums For All initiative which offers free or discounted admission to low-income families that present their EBT card,
- You can purchase a Chicago CityPass that saves you about half price on VIP admission prices at Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Adler Planetarium and more. Get more info here.
- The Shedd offers free admission to U.S. Veterans, active military personnel, Chicago police and firefighters, and teachers with proper ID.
- Students and senior citizens get $3 off admission every day of the year.
- Bank of America customers receive one free admission on the Sunday of the first full weekend of each month.(February 3, March 3, April 7, May 5, September 8, October 6, November 3, December 8)
All of these discounts are available for on-site entrance, and do not usually include special events or experiences. Get more details on all these discount opportunities from Shedd Aquarium, here.