Use Up your Raisins by Making this Easy Cake
I was going through my pantry and found a half of a box of raisins that were almost on there way to becoming a sugary ball. Instead of throwing them out I looked for a way to use them up and found this really easy cake recipe.
- Boil raisins in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add vegetable oil and cold water to the raisins.
- Mix sugar, flour, spices, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the raisin mixture, and stir till just mixed.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan, and bake for one hour in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven. It is done if a toothpick comes out clean.
Honestly, you really don't any frosting for this cake. However, if you think it needs just a little something extra, I think a dollop of cool whip per each piece would be fine. This is perfect for a breakfast meeting or a brunch option and totally yummy with a cup of coffee. Plus, it's so easy your kids can make it.