Illinois Most Healthy and Unhealthy Counties [List]
How did counties here in the Stateline stack up? There's good news and bad news! One area county cracked Top 10 on the "healthy list", one county made bottom 25.
The 2014 national health rankings are out! Which Illinois counties are among the healthiest and which need to improve?
County Health Rankings & Roadmaps conducted a study to find out. Among the factors used to rank each county's health.
- Length of life
- Quality of life
- Personal health behaviors
- Access to clinical care
- Socioeconomic indicators
- Physical environment
Also factored into the rankings:
- Percent of adults reporting poor or fair health (age-adjusted)
- Percent of adult population reporting a body mass index (BMI) equal to or greater than 30.
- Excessive drinking (binge plus heavy drinking)
- Physical inactivity (number of adults aged 20 or over that report having no leisure-time to partake in physical activity)
- Uninsured (percent of population under the age of 65 without health insurance)
- Percent of 9th grader who graduate high school in four years
- Percent of children living in a single-parent household.
- Violent crime rate per a population of 100,000
- Air pollution (average daily measure of fine particulate matter in micrograms per cubic meter – PM2.5)
Illinois Top 10 Healthiest Counties:
5 Jo Daviess
Other stateline counties that fared pretty well
Illinois has a total of 102 counties, and each were ranked in this study
Illinois UNHEALTHIEST COUNTIES
Stateline Counties that appeared near the bottom of the list