The Most Recommended Places To Buy Sweet Corn In Northern Illinois
Summer is winding down and we're thigh-deep into sweet corn season but there is still time to grab some to enjoy during your Labor Day weekend cookout. Though you can probably find some at a nearby supermarket, there are plenty of locally grown choices. This is a great opportunity to truly shop local and support area farmers.
We relied on readers like you to share the best places to find sweet corn. Out of the dozens of submissions, the list has been narrowed down to locations that were repeatedly sent in.
Where can you find sweet corn people are raving about?
Blackmer Sweet Corn, out of Cherry Valley, has multiple locations including:
- Cherry Valley Rd. and Bloods Point Rd.
- Mulford Rd., just south of Blomberg (South out of town)
- Circle K, at the corner of Perryville Rd. and Charles St.
Dorn's Sweet Corn is available at the Mobil gas station in Winnebago at Rt. 20.
Drake Farms is located south of Freeport at 6713 IL Route 26 S. in Baileyville.
At Woodstock Farmer's Market, there are three beloved sweet corn vendors.
The most recommended spot for sweet corn is in Rock Falls at Selmi's Greenhouse, Farm, and Pumpkin Patch on Dixon Avenue.
- Mindy's farm in Boone County.
- North End City Market, Rockford (Auburn St. & N. Main St.)
- Skelly's market, Roscoe and Janesville, WI
- Rainwaters in Rochelle
- Tom's Farm Market, Huntley
- Van Laars, Edgebrook Plaza
- Kohley's Sweet Corn, Huntley, Illinois