RPS 205 Is Setting Up Vaccination Clinics for High School Students
Now that COVID-19 vaccines are available to all Illinois residents 16 and older, Rockford Public Schools are working with the Winnebago County Health Department to set up vaccination clinics at certain RPS 205 schools over the next two weeks. These clinics will be open to all RPS 205 students 16 and older, as well as staff, families and caretakers who wish to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
The clinics will take place at one of the following locations; Auburn, Jefferson or Guilford High Schools and also at RESA Middle School, and the first one is happening this Thursday, April 15th.
The clinic schedule is as follows;
- Thursday, April 15 from 4 to 8 p.m.- Guilford High School
- Friday, April 16 from 4 to 8 p.m. - RESA Middle School at 1800 Ogilby Road
- Saturday, April 17 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Auburn High School at 5110 Auburn St.
- Sunday, April 18 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Jefferson High School at 4145 Samuelson Road
- Thursday, April 22 from 4 to 8 p.m. - Auburn High School at 5110 Auburn St.
- Friday, April 23 from 4 to 8 p.m. - Jefferson High School at 4145 Samuelson Road
- Saturday, April 24 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - RESA Middle School at 1800 Ogilby Road
- Sunday, April 25 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Guilford High School at 5620 Spring Creek Road
LOOK: Answers to 30 common COVID-19 vaccine questions
While much is still unknown about the coronavirus and the future, what is known is that the currently available vaccines have gone through all three trial phases and are safe and effective. It will be necessary for as many Americans as possible to be vaccinated in order to finally return to some level of pre-pandemic normalcy, and hopefully these 30 answers provided here will help readers get vaccinated as soon they are able.