Rockford Rescue Mission Needs Our Help
Tight budgets and limited funds tend to be the norm for most families this time of the year, and sadly, the Rockford Rescue Mission is facing a financial shortfall too, and they need our help.
It's no surprise that as the temps decrease, the number of people in need of the Rockford Rescue Mission's services increases, but the problem is way bigger than just a few more warm beds and plates of food.
If we don't step up and help them, the Rockford Rescue Mission may have to tighten their belts in other areas of the Mission in order to keep the programs that thousands of people depend on fully functional. Having to make cuts for any reason, regardless of what they are, would be tragic.”
WIFR reports that besides monetary donations, the Rockford Rescue Mission has several current and urgent needs that they are hoping the community can provide them with. These items include:
- Food staples such as condiments, canned fruits and vegetables, milk, cooking oils and spices, cereals, rice and pasta.
- Kitchen needs such as plastic wrap and aluminum foil, paper or foam plates and bowls, plastic cups, napkins, and paper towels.
- Warm clothing, hats, gloves, coats and tennis shoes for adults and children.
- Over the counter medicines (non containing alcohol or doxylamine succinate, phenylephrine HCI or dextromethorphan HBr) like cough drops and syrups, multi vitamins, cold, flu and allergy medications.
- Miscellaneous items such as batteries, umbrellas, bath towels and washcloths, deodorants and twin sheet sets and comforters.
In all seriousness, the above list includes just a handful of the mission's most urgently needed items. You can see the complete list here. Please, take some time today to pick up and drop off some of these items at the Rockford Rescue Mission located at 715 West State Street. If going out shopping in this bitter cold is not something you want to do today, make a monetary donation now at rockfordrescuemission.org.