5 Popular Public Pools You Need to Enjoy This Summer in Northern Illinois
If you're looking for summer fun for the entire family, look no further than these five popular pools in Northern Illinois.
Summer Fun Is Here
It certainly feels like summer in the Stateline area, even if the calendar doesn't agree. We have spent MONTHS freezing in the cold and dreaming about laying on a warm beach or patio chair soaking up the sunshine. Now that we can finally fulfill those winter dreams, where should we go? What should we do?
I am not a huge lover of the heat, so I know the only way I will survive the next months is by being very close to water whenever I am outdoors. When I say water, I'm not talking about the kind we can drink, I'm talking about the kind we can cool down and swim in.
If you don't have a pool and don't want to mooch off your friends that do, here are 5 great Stateline area pools to visit this summer...
Popular Public Pools in the Rockford Area
1. Alpine Pool at 4310 Newburg Rd. in Rockford - The pool opens for the season on June 17 and will be open daily from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. through August 13.
2. Harkins Aquatic Center at 910 Acorn St. in Rockford - The pool opens for the season on June 17 and will be open daily from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. through August 20. Admission is free.
3. Hurricane Harbor Rockford - Hurricane Harbor has already kicked off its 2023 season but is only open on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. They will be open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. starting Tuesday, June 13.
4. Sand Park Pool at 1041 E Riverside Blvd in Loves Park - Sand Park Pool will be open June 10-11 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., will be closed June 12-13, and then be open daily starting June 14 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. through August 20.
5. Walt Williamson Pool at 100 East Chapel Street in Rockton - This pool will be open Monday through Friday (starting June 5 through August 1) from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (May 27 - Aug 13).
Not In the Mood For Swimming? Try a Splash Pad
If splash pads and spray parks are more your speed, here's a great list of places to check out from Stateline Kids...
Hope you stay cool and have some splashing fun this summer!