Make this Easy yet Good Chicken Tortilla Bake
When you have a craving for Mexican, change your normal routine of tacos or fajitas and make this easy yet oh so good Chicken Tortilla Bake.
I have some flour tortillas I needed to use up and I came across this simple recipe of Chicken Tortilla Bake.
It only take 6 different ingredients and about 40 minutes to make. it. Perfect for a family on a time crunch during the week. To have yummy satisfying meal.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained OR 1 c. salsa
- 12 small corn tortillas, cut into thin bite-size strips (or 6 large tortillas cut up)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine soup, milk and undrained tomatoes or salsa and set aside.
- Sprinkle one-third of the tortilla strips over the bottom of an ungreased rectangular baking dish.
- Layer half of the chicken over the tortilla strips.
- Spoon half of the soup mixture evenly over top.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with the remaining tortilla strips and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, about 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Uncover; bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
* On a side note I added a bit of cumin an garlic powder to the recipe just to give it a bit more flavor.
* Also, if you'd like it spicier you can use hotter or spicier salsa.