It’s Really a No Bother Apple Cake
October is Apple Month. To Celebrate the month, and to use up apples in my crisper drawer, I found another tasty dessert to make.
It really is a "No Bother Apple Cake."This cake is so good you could actually, or at least in my opinion, have with your morning coffee as a breakfast item or a mid-day snack.
Plus, what I love about it, is that it's simple to make. The most time consuming part of the recipe is peeling and chopping the apples. It only takes 3 cups. I used 3 apples. I actually had a little over 3 cups, but more adding a little more apple to the cake didn't effect the recipe.
No Bother Apple Cake
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups diced (peeled) apple
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and eggs until foamy. Stir in the apples and sugar.
- In another large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir the apple mixture into flour mixture, then stir in the vanilla and nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.