International Travel Queen Highlights Rockford’s Awesomeness
We know Rockford is packed with super cool stuff, but it's extra fun to see Rockford in the international spotlight.
Her name is Silke and she's a travel blogger originally from Berlin. Her blog is called, 'Happiness and Things,' and recently wrote about '7 Cool Rockford , IL Attractions to Add to your Bucket List.'
So what made the list?
- Anderson Japanese Gardens - she suggests taking a guided tour
- Laurent House by Star Architect Frank Lloyd Wright - she suggests a tour as well
- Rockford Rivets Baseball Team - well, she doesn't know the rules of baseball... but notes that our baseball stadium is pretty great!
- Burpee Museum of National History - she points out the awesome collection of dinosaur bones and the exhibit on the native tribes of America.
- Rockford Art Gallery - Silke talks about a wonderful collection of paintings and sculptures.
- Midway Village Museum - spotlight on our Rockford Peaches!
- Historic Auto Attractions - while this is in Roscoe, we'll take it as part of the list of reasons you should hang in the RKFD.
She also called out the mac and cheese at Vintage@501 and the craft beer at Prairie Street.
We think she did a pretty great job turning Rockford into a bucket list, what would you add?