Illinois Museum Selling Ghostbusters & Other Famous Movie Cars
A museum in Illinois is selling famous movie cars including the Ghostbusters vehicle.
I have always been a big fan of special vehicles in the movies and television. Sometimes they become more famous than the actual film and actors. The Mach Five from Speedracer, the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard, or the Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine van for just a couple of examples.
I did not even think they were real and just a movie prop until my parents took me to see the Batmobile from the television show. Since then, I thought it would be really cool to own one if I ever won a bunch of money in the lottery.
Could you imagine driving KITT from Knight Rider as your everyday ride? Taking it to work, dropping the kids off at school, and grocery shopping. I believe you would get some strange looks. Plus, your family and friends would make you drive all the time.
I thought there was no way a normal person could buy any type of famous car. You would have to be a celebrity. Well, now here is an opportunity.
According to shawlocal.com,
"Volo Auto Museum will auction off cars made famous in film and on TV to make room for new exhibits. The no-reserve eBay auction will take place from April 14 to 21. We simply need to make room for some new exhibits, and recoup some of the cost of the upgrades and spectacular new interactive spaces we have been building during the pandemic shutdown.”
Here are some of the vehicles they are selling.
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport replica from Fast Five.
- 1966 Ferrari GTB replica from Ford v Ferrari.
- 1965 Econoline van from Ford v Ferrari.
- 1966 Chrysler Imperial Black Beauty from 2011 remake of The Green Hornet.
- Promotional Ghostbusters hearse from 2016 film.
- 1958 Chevy Nomad built from Let Him Go.
- 1973 Ferrari Daytona from Soggy Bottom and TV series 9-1-1.
- 4 restored and fully functional 1950s kiddie rides.
- 1957 Walker Executive golf cart.
- Disney trolley.
- 1918 and 1926 Model T.
- 1937 Pierce Arrow camper.
If you got a little extra cash sitting around, check more info, HERE.
Maybe, these vehicles are out of your price range. I still recommend taking a trip to the Volo Auto Museum because it is a really cool place. More info, HERE.
ALSO: PEEK INSIDE JON BON JOVI'S NEW $43 MILLION PALM BEACH MANSION
Video: Playing With Hot Wheels At Discovery Center