Illinois Mom Gets Minimal Punishment After Infant Ingests Heroin
A McHenry mom will receive no jail time after one of her children passed out after ingesting heroin.
32-year-old Ashley Hendle (of McHenry) is responsible for her 3-month-old daughter ingesting heroin from a teething ring. During this incident, Hendle took the child to a friend's house to have that person take the infant to the hospital. The child passed out in the vehicle and her friend called 911.according to the Northwest Herald.
Hendle was wanted by police at the time for allegedly supervising at least two children while she was under the influence of drugs, court records show. Her children are being cared for by another family member.
Hendle will not receive time in jail. Instead, she must serve two years of probation, undergo substance abuse treatment, and isn't about to see her children during this time.
She also must wear an electronic home monitoring bracelet, submit to drug and alcohol screenings and receive therapy, in addition to other restrictions, the judge ordered.
Some people think justice has not been served, adding "she won't learn from her mistakes." However, the mother did show hope in recovery and getting her life back, according to NWHerald.com.
I do want to be successful, to do the right thing not only for me, but for my kids.
While I'm not condoning to this behavior or situation, everyone can change if they put their mind and heart into the effort.