These 10 Jobs Will Score You the Most Money in Illinois
Just the other day I was talking to my daughters about college and what they think they would like to do when they grow up. My girls are only 8 and 6 so the converstation quickly turned to dreams about being a cowboy veterinarian or the next JoJo Siwa, but it got me thinking...what are the highest paying jobs in Illinois?
The Highest Paying Jobs in Illinois
If you Google the phrase "highest paying jobs" you will find many articles listing jobs that pay big bucks, and it's no surprise that jobs in the medical or IT fields are usually at the top, but is that true for Illinois too?
According to USA Wage, these were the highest paying jobs in Illinois in 2021:
1. Judges, Magistrate Judges, and Magistrates - Average salary: $204,200
2. Family Medicine Physicians - Average Salary: $203,700
3. Chief Executives - Average Salary: $201,580
4. Nurse Anesthetists - Average Salary: $194,980
5. Pediatricians - Average Salary: $190,950
6. Pilots and Flight Engineers - Average Salary: $169,410
7. Air Traffic Controller - Average Salary: $160,010
8. Computer and Information Systems Managers - Average Salary: $151,440
9. Oral Surgeons - Average Salary: $146,140
10. Architectural and Engineering Managers - Average Salary: $140,960
So, I guess the moral of this story is that I need to get serious about saving more money for my daughters' education if I want them to get one of the highest paying jobs in Illinois.
On the flip side, here are some jobs we should probably steer our kids away from in the future...
Beware of These 50 Jobs That Might Vanish in the Next 50 Years
READ MORE: See 50 remote jobs that can pay well