Illinois’ Favorite Condiment Is A Crock…
There's a map that lists each state's favorite condiment and it has me questioning Illinois. Once you read what the Land of Lincoln's #1 choice is you may be as baffled and confused as I am. The product rating platform Influenster did the research, which Thrillist shared adding, "Influenster's data team went into the back end of the site and analyzed over 50,000 reviews to determine which is the "most buzzed-about" condiment in each locale by weighing the ratings and number of reviews left by members in each state."
First, let's review the definition of "condiment", according to Merriam-Webster.
something used to enhance the flavor of food especially: a pungent seasoning.
Now, check out our neighbors' choice on condiment first.
- Wisconsin's is completely understandable.
- For Tennessee and Missouri, spot on.
- I'm honestly surprised Iowa's favorite isn't a nationwide thing.
- Indiana prefers Bertolli Alfredo with Aged Parmesan Cheese Sauce, which isn't even a condiment comes across as uppity. But, it's not as odd as Illinois' #1.
For the life of me, I can't grasp this being a condiment but we do it add it to everything. Even so, I can't accept this as a condiment. Are you ready for Illinois' #1 condiment?
- Illinois loves butter... a lot.
Butter? Seriously, that's what Illinois come up with?! Literally, it's a crock.
You can see every state's favorite condiment here.