Freeport Business Catches Fire
This morning a Freeport business caught fire. The business called for help and the brave Freeport Fire Department responded..
Officials say that the call came in around 6:45 this morning at Maria's Pizza in Freeport. When first responders arrived, they say that heavy smoke was seen coming from the roof and the east side of the building.
There is no telling how much damage occurred from the bloaze but the good news was that no one was injured.
The roads were blocked so first responders could get the area in order for pedestrians to safely travel by but have since been reopened.
There is no word on whether this was a case of arson or just an accident. The investigation is ongoing.
Obviously this is terrible for the business owners, but the fans of Maria's Pizza will take the brunt of this tragedy not being able to acquire their favorite pie. This is something I would never wish on any pizza fanatic.
It's just cruel. Plain and simple.