City First Church Hosting 7th Free Food Distribution This Week
Since this COVID-19 pandemic began City First Church in Rockford has gone out of their way to help families in need by hosting drive-thru food distributions, and their seventh one will be happening this Thursday.
No qualifications need to be met to receive assistance. You do not have to register beforehand to receive help. If you are struggling to put healthy food on your table right now, simply show up at City First Church at 5950 Spring Creek Road starting at 10 a.m. Thursday, August 20.
Here's everything you need to know:
- Food distribution begins at 10 a.m. and will continue until 1 p.m., or while supplies last.
- It's a drive-thru distribution. Families do not need to get out of their car. City First volunteers will bring a food box and place it in your car for you.
- Food boxes contain fresh produce, dairy and protein
- Lines form fast so you should probably plan on getting to City First early.
- City First has enough food for 1,600 families this week.
Jeremy DeWeerdt, Senior Pastor of City First Church, recently told WREX that the church is able to continually offer this service for families in need thanks to the "incredible generosity at both the personal and business level".
For more information on City First's Drive-thru Food Distribution, go here.
To City First Church I would like to say a heartfelt "thank you"! They consistently show up for the Rockford community in times of need, and their constant demonstration of hope is something we all need in trying times like this.