A Northern Illinois Fall Favorite Is Kicking Off Their Homegrown Fun Next Weekend
There are certain things every Stateliner needs to do in the Fall, and I'm not talking about raking a ton of leaves here. I'm talking fun, family things you need to enjoy outdoors before the bitter cold of winter takes over.
If there were 10 Commandments for Rockfordians in the Fall I think they would read;
- Thou must take a long, scenic drive and enjoy the colors of Fall.
- Thou must take a hike amidst the leaves in the woods.
- Thou must visit, and sample, every apple orchard in the area.
- Thou must devour every apple cider donut they come across.
- Thou must buy lots of pumpkins to carve and display.
- Thou must drink locally made Fall brews.
- Thou must take their kids to feed the animals at The Pumpkin Patch.
- Thou must try not to pee their pants at a haunted house
- Thou must take a drive through the Festival of Frights at Sinnissippi Park
- Thou must play games, ride ponies, take a wagon ride, and pick pumpkins at Lockwood Park.
How's about we focus on number 10 for a minute...the Fall fun coming soon to Lockwood Park in Rockford.
Fall On The Farm Begins October 9, 2021 at Lockwood Park
Over the years, the fall celebration at Rockford Park District's Lockwood Park has gone by different names, it has had different attractions, but the one thing that has always stayed the same is the fun your family will have there.
2021's Fall On The Farm at Lockwood Park begins Saturday, October 9, and continues every Saturday through October 30.
So, what can you do at Fall On The Farm at Lockwood Park?
Take a Wagon Ride...
Ride a pony...
Run through a corn maze...
Take a trail ride... (Reservations required)
And sooo much more!
Fall On The Farm at Lockwood Park has free admission and parking, (with some paid activities), and will happen Saturday October, 9, 16, 23, and 30 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Get more info, and reserve a trail ride spot for your family at lockwoodpark.com/fallonthefarm.